Eminem is Space Bound, going through Changes, and well on his way to Recovery.

 The 37-year-old American rapper Marshall Mathers has released his latest album entitled Recovery [Explicit]. Simply put: Killer bridges, shady hooks and %$^!#&* melodies.   Honest inspirational lyrics.  Without a doubt undoubtedly.  

In this album the singer displays a maturing character (he sings less about killing people and more about killing problems) yet maintains and arguably enhances the lyrical/vocal fury he so passionately displayed in his first albums.  Only now he has Rihanna and Pink doing the interludes.  Nice!

Tracks include Space Bound, Going Through Changes, and the climactic I'm Not Afraid.  Here is a sample of lyrics:

from Talkin' to Myself.............................................

I just want to thank everybody for being so patient
And bearing with me over these last couple of years
While I figure this sh-t out

from Not Afraid.........................................

So I pick up myself off the ground and f-ckin swam before I drowned
Hit my bottom so hard I bounce twice suffice this time around
It's different them last two albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out
I've come up to make it up to you no more fucking around
I've got something to prove to fans I feel like I let em down
So please accept my apology I finally feel like I'm back to normal

I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one
Now some of you, might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there
You could try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay 'em
But you won't take the sting out these words before I say 'em

...

It's a game called circle and I don't know how, I'm way too up to back down
But I think I'm still tryin to figure this crap out
Thought I had it mapped out but I guess I didn't, this fuckin black cloud
still follows, me around but it's time to exorcise these demons
These muh'fuckers are doin jumpin jacks now

...

It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me
Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally


...

What?
Who?

--------------------

No comments: